Monday, October 12, 2009

Sick Day

We're doing "school light" today as Jack likes to call it.  It is our first "school light"  day of the year and as most states actually take off Columbus Day, we're taking a more gentler path through our school day together.



Lena woke up last night at 8 pm, 10 pm, 12 am, 2 am, & 4 am with stomach ache and throw up ("I hate this" she cried) it was quickly resolved in my mind that I was thankful I a) still had good caramel flavored CAFFEINATED coffee in the pantry and b) had some new library videos containing educational content. (Note: "yuck bucket" in pic background)

Jack went thru his box work sans piano and we worked together at the table on a few loose ends.  We hit the couch for a stint of reading, him to me then me to them.  We'll do a repeat of reading this afternoon during Drop Everything And Read (DEAR).

I've had requests for making "Mrs. Cheerios" Granola Bars (WITH mini chocolate chips this time, H) and writing Secret Codes made with lemon juice.  I bet you can guess which big kid requested which activity!  We're feeling better already!

Off to some more disinfecting of the house!