Monday, September 7, 2009

...and we're off!

So today we started school despite Jack's protest it was a holiday! I said "Dad's got to work, so we all may as well too". This from a kid who has been wanting to get started for weeks!


Our morning went very well. We had enough time for individual attention for everyone and everyone worked on their independent work...well, independently!


I will somehow try to post a schedule of our day. Not quite sure how, yet, but will work on it. Tomorrow will be busy with Lena starting preschool and Paul off on the staff getaway day for work. I'll make the run in and out of town with all for preschool. It looks to be a beautiful day, so we will most likely do drive-thru and head to the nice park in town.

Wednesday evening, too, will be exciting as Jack starts AWANA. I know how much he'll enjoy the games with the other kids and all the interaction that will bring. Oh yeah, and the candy.

I have the basics of Jack's curriculum down. I see already, that I'm going to have to be very proactive in moving along. He's a quick and interested learner, and I don't want to waste time in too much review when we could really be capitalizing on his enthusiasm for learning. Also, now that family life begins to settle into routine for most, we'll be scheduling field trips, activity days and play dates with friends in both of the kids age group (as well as mine!)!