Monday, November 9, 2009

we HEART geography

I’ve been known to say “I love traveling…I think I could live somewhere different every two years”. Think of it…two years in Maine, two in the Florida keys, then off to Montana…what fun! It’s not just me, though. If you asked Paul his top ten reasons for wanting to become a parent, I’m certain one answer would be “To discover the national parks with the kids”!

Because Paul & I love to travel, we try to share this love of geography and history with the kids. Thanks to a fun, new to us, geography game, we’ve been able to explore the US in a more interactive way.

After a brief Social Studies unit including: North America, South America, the continents, the oceans, Canada & Mexico, Jack was able to fill out this Target dollar spot wipe board mat.  I was pretty impressed!  Our study mainly included reading library books…it’s amazing what they pick up just cuddling on the couch with a good book!



So, in a few more years, look out world...here we come!!
(PS.  I LOVE invented spelling!)

No comments: