Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dragon Days of Winter

Question: Does craft time at your house end with the adult spending the final 30 minutes finishing the craft project while the big kids play and the baby splashes around in the toilet?


"that artist woman" sample pic 1

Thankfully, I had that reality in mind when I thought to begin this project on Monday.  I warned the kids...it would take a bit of work each day for us to complete.  And I steeled my way through a bit of extra patience thanks to prayer.  It's good I'm a woman who knows my limits and when to cry "mercy".

I can see why teaching art out of the homeschool is so much easier: you care less about the splatters on the floors and walls than you do in your own kitchen.

We've been studying Asia the past several weeks so when I googled through Crafty Crow and found a Chinese Dragon Puppet I thought we'd give it a go.


"that artist woman" sample pic 2

Luckily, I love to craft and paper maiche, too, so I didn't mind tying up a few loose ends.

Chinese New Year is still a few weeks away, however, it's never too early to start tearing up that newspaper or paper towels!

No comments: